December 3, 2008

O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree

Second to Halloween, I LOVE Christmas...the music piped in at shopping centers, the decorations on each lampost in our square, all the holiday lights, the wreaths on front doors, the jingling bells of the horse-drawn carriages in our town, gingerbread cookies, decorating the house & tree...the list goes on!


Following our family tradition, we picked out our Christmas tree this past weekend (always the Friday after Thanksgiving!!!) and it is a beauty if I can just brag a little! :) In our house, we have this foyer off our kitchen & living room that opens up to the 2nd floor - and it is perfect for a REALLY tall tree. So a 12 ft tree is what Jack & Reagan picked out - it was quite funny bringing it into our home (thankful for Matt's muscles). The kids helped put the lights on (um, can you say lots of tangles?) and hung all the "non-glass" ornaments on the bottom of the tree. We had only 1 casualty (a glass ornament got in the hands of Reagan) but no big deal! It was such a special activity...we got out all of the ornaments the kids made last year - Jack got a kick out of seeing them! And I showed them all of my childhood ornaments...such wonderful memories! My Grandma Bonnie had a special tradition of buying each of the granddaughters Christmas ornaments every year and now I have them on my tree. My Mom has carried that tradition on by buying them for Jack & Reagan. I hope to one day see their ornaments on their own family's tree.

Hope everyone has a wonderful month of December...no matter what holiday you celebrate, make sure you take the time to cherish each moment with your family & friends. We are all truly blessed to have one another...hugs & kisses to you all! (okay, I'm off my soap-box! ha!)






















3 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! That is one BIG tree! I love it! How cool that you have an open room like that to put it in. Christmas takes on a whole new meaning with kiddos, doesn't it? Such fun...

Lori said...

What an awesome tree! I actually remember your pictures of the giant tree from last year - has it been a year already??!! We decided to do our first fake tree - sad- but it was SUCH a pain last year with our little apartment and needles everywhere. Plus Craig almost died carrying that heavy thing all over the place to get to our apartment:) We'll get a real wreath for the smell! Have fun decorating with the kiddos - can't believe how big they are! Such cuties

C Frizz said...

LOVE the massive tree! Can't believe it's Christmastime already - the kids are seriously so adorable and I'm glad Jim and I got to meet them. Hopefully we can see you again sometime soon! Enjoy the Holidays!